2020 Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday
May 29 marks the beginning of the Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday week running through June 4, 2020. The Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday was created to help Floridians better prepare for the hurricane season, which runs from June 1 to November 30 each year.
Below, you’ll find the qualifying items you can acquire tax-free during the Sales Tax Holiday.
Selling for $10 or lessReusable Ice (reusable ice packs)
Selling for $20 or lessAny portable, self-powered light source (powered by battery, solar, hand-crank, or gas):
Selling for $30 or lessBatteries, including rechargeable batteries, listed sizes only (excluding automobile and boat batteries) and coolers:
- AAA-cell, AA-cell, C-cell, D-cell, 6-volt, and 9-volt
- Coolers and ice chests (food-storage; nonelectrical)
Selling for $50 or less
- Bungee cords
- Ground anchor systems
- Radios (powered by battery, solar, or hand-crank)
- Ratchet straps, tarps, and tie-down kits
- Visqueen, plastic sheeting, plastic drop cloths, and other flexible waterproof sheeting
Selling for $750 or lessPortable generators used to provide light or communications or to preserve food in the event of a power outage
The Florida Department of Revenue’s Tax Information Publication is available for more information.
Source: Florida Department of Revenue