Home Equity Line of Credit
Unlock your home's potential.
Did you know you can turn your home's equity into a powerful financial resource? Whether you want to consolidate high-interest rate debt into one payment, make home improvements, or pay for a big purchase, consider using the equity you’ve already built in your home to make it happen.
A Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) can be a better way to borrow, as it often offers significantly lower rates than an unsecured loan.
Advantages of a First Florida Credit Union HELOC:
- Introductory Annual Percentage Rate (APR) as low as 4.99% for 12 months- afterward, variable APR as low as 8.50% to 13.00%*
- Revolving credit line up to 80% combined loan to value***
- Terms up to 20 years with a 10-year draw period
- Easy advance access with a HELOC Checking Account
- Servicing retained by the credit union
- No escrow account required
- Easy access by HELOC Checking, online, and phone
Property Types: Owner-occupied, primary residences located in the state of Florida. Excludes manufactured homes, commercial property, second homes, income-producing rental homes, or multi-unit (2-4 units) homes.
Apply for a Loan Today
- Apply for a Home Equity Line of Credit Online
- Stop by a branch or schedule an appointment
- By phone – call (800) 766-4328 [in Jacksonville (904) 359-6800]
* APR=Annual Percentage Rate. The introductory APR will remain in effect for 12 months. Introductory APR is not based on the index and margin used for later rate adjustments. The maximum introductory APR is 5.49%. The introductory APR you receive is based on your individual credit history and Combined Loan to Value (CLTV). After the introductory period, your APR will adjust to The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) Prime Rate, plus or minus a Margin. As of July 27, 2023, the Prime Rate in the WSJ is 8.50%. The Margin ranges from 0% to 4.50% and is based upon your individual credit history and CLTV. Your APR will never be more than 18% or the maximum permitted by law, whichever is less. However, your APR will not be less than 4.00%. All balances will accrue interest at a variable APR, which can adjust on the first day of each month, based upon the Prime Rate published in the WSJ 10 days prior to the adjustment date. There is no limit on the amount by which the APR can change during any one-year period.
**First Florida will pay closing costs up to $500 or 1% of the credit line, whichever is less. Good only for standard, actual closing costs. Does not apply to mortgage loans already financed by First Florida and is subject to change or can be withdrawn at any time without prior notice. A $10,000 minimum initial advance is required at closing. Closing costs are estimated to range between $350 and $1,200. Upon request, we will provide you with an itemization of the costs. Property insurance is required, including flood insurance if applicable. All terms are subject to change without prior notice.
***The minimum line of credit is $10,000 and the maximum is $250,000. For single-family detached homes, the maximum Combined Loan to Value (CLTV) is up to 80% of appraisal value, less existing first mortgage balance. For attached townhomes and condominiums, the maximum CLTV is up to 70% of appraisal value, less existing first mortgage balance. CLTV restrictions apply based on loan amount.
For owner occupied primary residence located within the state of Florida only. Credit qualifications apply and membership is required.