Updated: June 4, 2020
Important Information Regarding COVID-19 & First Florida Branch Operations
June 4, 2020
All First Florida Branch Lobbies Reopen Starting June 8
On June 8, 2020, we will carefully transition back to normal operations with some modifications.
All 16 First Florida Branch lobbies will reopen for all transactions closely following county, state, and federal guidelines and safety precautions. Please note that access to the Turlington Branch in Tallahassee is limited to those employees who work in the Turlington Building.
Social distancing will be practiced at all branches:
- Floor markers and plexiglas barriers have been installed to assist members and staff in maintaining a healthy and safe environment.
- Hand sanitizers and tissues are available at all stations.
- The branches are cleaned thoroughly daily.
Although teller transactions can be completed in the lobbies, we recommend that members continue to use the drive-thru lanes at branches with drive-thru access. We will continue to handle expanded transactions at the drive-thrus.
Modifications and Limitations
Based on the size of the branch, we may need to limit the number of members permitted in the lobby at any one time to maintain social distancing. When visiting a branch for other than a routine teller transaction, we suggest that members make appointments to ensure quick access to the lobby. Member service representatives will confirm the exact day and time of the lobby appointments. Visit FirstFlorida.org/appointment for information.
Although not required, we ask that members please wear masks when visiting our lobbies. Please note that county ordinances in Miami-Dade and Broward require that masks be worn in all public spaces.
Special Safety Protocols at State and Local Government Buildings Apply to Everyone
Branches such as Doral, Raiford, and Turlington, which are located inside a state or local government building, are required to comply with safety protocols that apply to everyone, including First Florida staff and members.
Before visiting a branch located inside a government building, we recommend that members call the branch for details.
- Doral - (305) 716-8383
- Raiford - (904) 359-6800, ext. 1200
- Turlington - (850) 402-5881
Our branch staff is eager to engage with members in a manner that protects the health and safety of all. We thank everyone for their continued support of the credit union and look forward to serving you.
June 1, 2020
Lobby Services Gradually Restored At 13 Branches
In keeping with CDC and state guidelines, First Florida will re-open, with temporary restrictions, the lobbies of 13 branches as of Monday, June 1.
Until further notice, our Doral, Raiford, and Turlington branches remain temporarily closed.
In accordance with the CDC recommendations, we have temporarily adjusted our branch operations and lobby services to maintain the health and safety of staff and members:
- Drive-thru services will remain open for all transactions.
- Teller transactions within the lobby remain temporarily suspended. Please use the drive-thru service for all teller transactions until further notice.
- Limited lobby services will be available by appointment only.
- Social distancing, as recommended by the CDC, will be practiced in all branches. Floor markers and Plexiglas barriers have been installed to assist members and staff in maintaining a healthy and safe environment.
- Hand sanitizers and tissues are available at all stations.
Thank you for your continued patience, understanding, and flexibility as we take every measure to keep members and staff safe during this time.
Visit FirstFlorida.org/appointment to learn how you can quickly and easily request a branch lobby appointment.
April 1, 2020
We are actively monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and are following guidance from health experts and federal agencies, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
With growing concerns for public health and safety, we are taking every measure to keep our members, staff, and communities safe. In an abundance of caution, First Florida is limiting face-to-face transactions to help prevent the spread.
Lobbies Close Temporarily, but Branches Remain Operational
All branches are serving members exclusively through the drive-thru, during our regular hours of operation. To mitigate this situation, we have expanded the services offered at our drive-thrus.
If you need to perform a transaction that we’re unable to complete at a drive-thru or online, call our member support center at (800) 766-4328, ext. 1, and we will arrange to try to accommodate your request.
The following First Florida branches will be temporarily closed until further notice, as we’re unable to provide drive-thru services:
- Doral branch – 8300 NW 53rd Street, Suite 100
- Raiford branch – 25638 Northeast State Road 16
- Turlington branch located in Tallahassee at the Department of Education building – 325 W. Gaines Street, Suite 148
Our goal is to resume standard operating practices as soon as it is safe to do so. We are actively evaluating evolving events, and we may need to make additional adjustments to our operations in an abundance of caution to keep members, staff, and our communities safe during this unprecedented time. We will keep you informed of any additional changes as the need arises.
Access to Your Account:
Rest assured, you will continue to have uninterrupted access to your funds as we navigate the COVID-19 situation. We are encouraging members to utilize the following resources during this time.
- Online Banking: If you have not done so, now may be an excellent time to register for Online Banking so you’re always connected to your money. Enjoy features like Bill Payer and other functionalities to stay up-to-date on your finances.
- Mobile Banking App: Download our Mobile Banking App to perform essential banking transactions like e-Deposits or money transfers from your home, work, or on the go.
- ATMs: As a First Florida member, you have access to a network of over 80,000 surcharge-free ATMs nationwide, as well as an extensive network of surcharge-free deposit-taking ATMs. Locate an ATM nearest you.
- Phone Support: Representatives from our full-service, Member Support Center are available to assist you by calling (800) 766-4328, ext. 1, during our regular business hours.
- In-Person Support: Branch personnel are available to assist members exclusively through the drive-thru during regular business hours.
- CO-OP Shared Branching: First Florida members have access to CO-OP Shared Branching during this time. However, due to branch lobby closures throughout the nation, we encourage you to contact the CO-OP Shared Branch before arriving, as some credit unions do not provide Shared Branching services at the drive-thru. Presently, First Florida is handling Shared Branching transactions at our drive-thrus. Find a CO-OP Shared Branch location on our Locations page.
Other Preventative Measures We’re Taking:
- First Florida’s cleaning teams are taking extra precautions, utilizing an enhanced cleaning process for high-touch areas at our branches and offices.
- We are actively communicating with our staff to keep them informed, as the health and well-being of our members and employees are vital to us.
- All First Florida employees have been educated on preventative actions they can take, such as hand washing, cough and respiratory etiquette, etc.
- We are monitoring all employee foreign travel.
- In-lobby banking services have been temporarily suspended.
What Our Members Can Do:
According to the CDC, below are a few tips and precautions you should follow:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; you can use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap is not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are not feeling well.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Utilize First Florida’s digital services, drive-thru tellers, and ATMs to limit contact with others.
First Florida remains focused on serving your financial needs. Together we can do our part to help contain the spread of the virus. Thank you for trusting us to serve you safely.