Updated: September 9, 2020
Important Information Regarding COVID-19 & First Florida Branch Operations
All First Florida Branch lobbies are open for all transactions closely following county, state, and federal guidelines and safety precautions.
Social distancing will be practiced at all branches:
- Floor markers and plexiglas barriers have been installed to assist members and staff in maintaining a healthy and safe environment.
- Hand sanitizers and tissues are available at all stations.
- The branches are cleaned thoroughly daily.
Although teller transactions can be completed in the lobbies, we recommend that members continue to use the drive-thru lanes at branches with drive-thru access. We will continue to handle expanded transactions at the drive-thrus.
Modifications and Limitations
Based on the size of the branch, we may need to limit the number of members permitted in the lobby at any one time to maintain social distancing. When visiting a branch for other than a routine teller transaction, we suggest that members make appointments to ensure quick access to the lobby. You will receive a confirmation for your lobby appointment. Visit our Appointment Concierge portal for information.
Please note that when visiting a branch, wearing a mask is required.
Special Safety Protocols at State and Local Government Buildings Apply to Everyone
The Raiford and Turlington branches, which are located inside a state or local government building, are required to comply with safety protocols that apply to everyone, including First Florida staff and members.
Before visiting a branch located inside a government building, we recommend that members call the branch for details.
Our branch staff is eager to engage with members in a manner that protects the health and safety of all. We thank everyone for their continued support of the credit union and look forward to serving you.
Access to Your Account
Rest assured, you will continue to have uninterrupted access to your funds as we navigate the COVID-19 situation. We are encouraging members to utilize the following resources during this time.
- Online Banking: If you have not done so, now may be an excellent time to register for Online Banking so you’re always connected to your money. Enjoy features like Bill Payer and other functionalities to stay up-to-date on your finances.
- Mobile Banking App: Download our Mobile Banking App to perform essential banking transactions like e-Deposits or money transfers from your home, work, or on the go.
- ATMs: As a First Florida member, you have access to a network of over 80,000 surcharge-free ATMs nationwide, as well as an extensive network of surcharge-free deposit-taking ATMs. Locate an ATM nearest you.
- Phone Support: Representatives from our full-service, Member Support Center are available to assist you by calling (800) 766-4328, ext. 1, during our regular business hours.
- In-Person Support: Branch personnel are available to assist members in the lobby or the drive-thru during regular business hours.
- CO-OP Shared Branching: First Florida members have access to CO-OP Shared Branching during this time. However, due to branch lobby closures throughout the nation, we encourage you to contact the CO-OP Shared Branch before arriving, as some credit unions do not provide Shared Branching services at the drive-thru. Presently, First Florida is handling Shared Branching transactions at our drive-thrus. Find a CO-OP Shared Branch location on our Locations page.
Other Preventative Measures We’re Taking
- First Florida’s cleaning teams are taking extra precautions, utilizing an enhanced cleaning process for high-touch areas at our branches and offices.
- We are actively communicating with our staff to keep them informed, as the health and well-being of our members and employees are vital to us.
- All First Florida employees have been educated on preventative actions they can take, such as hand washing, cough and respiratory etiquette, etc.
- We are monitoring all employee foreign travel.
What Our Members Can Do
According to the CDC, below are a few tips and precautions you should follow:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; you can use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap is not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are not feeling well.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Utilize First Florida’s digital services, drive-thru tellers, and ATMs to limit contact with others.
First Florida remains focused on serving your financial needs. Together we can do our part to help contain the spread of the virus. Thank you for trusting us to serve you safely.