It’s Time to Start Thinking…Tax Refund!
Save time and avoid stress when you file. Use this Checklist to get ready now.
Gather this information and these documents to make doing your taxes faster and easier when you file:
• Social security numbers and birthdates for you, your spouse, dependents
• Copy of your prior year tax return
• Routing number and account numbers for direct deposit of refunds or direct debit of balance dues
Income and financial information
• W-2s from employers for you, your spouse
• 1098 and 1099s from banks, financial institutions, corporations, government agencies
• Independent contractor income
• Interest or dividend income
• State or local tax refunds
• Capital gains/losses
• Sale of property income
• Distributions from IRAs or retirement plans
• Unemployment income
• Social security income
• Cancellation of debt (mortgage loan forgiveness)
• 1095-A Health Insurance Marketplace Statement
• 1095-B, 1095-C Health Insurance Verification Form
• Income and expense from a business
• Income and expense from rental property
• Miscellaneous income
• Jury duty
• Gambling/lottery winnings
• Medical savings account
• Unreported tip income
• Prizes and awards
• Alimony received, paid
• Federal and State estimated tax payments
• Medical and dental expenses (including medical mileage, long term care health insurance)
• Real estate and personal property taxes
• State and local taxes
• Mortgage interest, points, mortgage insurance premiums
• CASH and NON-CASH charitable donations (including mileage driven)
• Casualty and theft loss
• Unreimbursed job expense, union dues, business mileage + total miles driven, meals + entertainment
• Gambling losses to the extent of winnings
• Student loan interest, tuition expense for higher education (Forms 1098-E, 1098-T)
• Child care costs including care provider identification
• IRA contributions
• Investment interest expense
• Moving expense
• Qualifying energy expense for home improvements
By: Edward Camp | Tax Tips & Planning
All First Florida News
January 18, 2017
It's hard to believe the 2017 tax season is nearly here, and you'll be getting the information you need to settle up your 2016 tax return Read More...
January 15, 2017
The last ten years have been quite transformational for this generation of young adults. Younger millennials just graduating college likely saw their parents lose jobs, benefits and pensions while bank executives lost nothing Read More...
January 9, 2017
Debit card and credit card fraud remains a problem across the country. Here are tips to you to help you protect your accounts. Read More...
January 9, 2017
You’re lending your good name and your solid credit history to help someone else get approved for a loan or a credit card. And you’re making a promise to repay in full if the original borrower can’t, doesn’t, or just plain won’t. Read More...
January 3, 2017
There are plenty of credit cards out there to choose from. With interest rates rising and a variety of fees, it can be difficult to pick the best one out of the bunch. However, the best credit cards often have some traits in common. Choose wisely, and you'll reap the rewards.Read More...
January 3, 2017
Gather this information and these documents to make doing your taxes faster and easier when you file: Read More...